Sunday, January 3, 2010

Five Songs Written

So we've written five songs that we are pretty satisfied with, and I have an idea for a sixth. Seems like we should have made more progress since school let out, but Stephen works a ton of hours at the airport and I usually sleep until around 11. Not a very productive combination. I have, however, been working on some acoustic covers, and I think that when I have 10 down solid I will see about finding some kind of paying gig. That would be fantastic.



I've also been learning quite a bit about musical equipment while Stephen is at work. I brought out my old Jackson DKMG and polished the frets, something I've never done before. I also got a new saddle to replace the broken one in the bridge, and lined the pickup and pot cavities with aluminum foil to reduce interference. Now I've just got to set it up, which I have also never done before. I think I might sell it after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment